Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"SAHM-isms"

What's a SAHM?  (pronounced "SAM" ....or you'll sound weird if you say "SA-HM", right?)
Welp....it's my new job title: a Stay-At-Home-Mom, of course:)
Thanks to some gal pals, this is a new quickie way I've learned to say what means a total ton of different occupations.

I'm going to touch up on a couple of topics that I've discovered these past couple weeks of being a full time SAHM.  So stay tuned for more topics!  While we're at it...tell me some of yours....would love to hear 'em.

Some of you may be thinking, "Linz...been there, done that!"  But this is an all new "job world" to me so here we go:).....


Topic #1: It is NOT a glamorous job. At all. 

Here's why:
Let's take last Friday for example.  On that day, the last time I had done my hair, or my make-up for that matter had been that previous SUNDAY!  Almost an entire week.
Those of you that know me??  This is NOT heard of! 
Going from a 6 am routine of showering, washing my face, doing my make up, getting dressed in work clothes for the day, drying my hair, straightening my hair, brushing my teeth days are OVER!

My normal, typical look now is my crazy bed-head hair from being washed the night before, pulled up half-way cuz it's not long enough for a ponytail, teeth brushed (thank God!), and comfy shorts/t-shirt is my typical look for the day.  Oh and a bare face (and hopefully a washed face.....my skin is probably mad at me=/)  If you came to visit me during any hour of the day I look like I've just rolled outta bed probably:)

I know...lovely huh? 

And my new showering at night?  NEVER have done that before.  I just get through the day then have been trying to run at night.  So I figure...not going anywhere today?  I'll just wait til after I get nasty n sweaty anyways...then I'll shower. Good theory. 

I'm trying to look at the pro's of this whole new way-of-life by being "all-nat-ur-al" an entire week.  So maybe, just maybe I'll see some benefits like:
*Saving $$ on the make up: If I'm only doing it like 2-3 days a week instead of 7 that's GOTTA help on the wallet right?
*Energy cost of the process of doing my hair everyday (hair dryer....flat iron??) energy savings!!

Maybe I'll have healthier hair from NOT damaging it every day.....maybe it'll grow easier?  Then I can actually wear it up?! Then I wouldn't have to go get my hair cut or touched up every 8ish weeks...whoah.  The possibilities:)  ha! 

Side note:  I can't remember the last time I've had long hair (my wedding?)  And it wasn't even that long.  So I'm debating if it's time I try.  I've had the same short bob-cut for a while, so maybe it is.  We shall see.

*Gonna be talking about more of the non-glamour of a SAHM!  I know...there's plenty!
*And let's talk about some money-saving tips u mommies have.  I only have a couple....but I hope they're working!
*Potty training talk...oh boy oh boy. (another "been there done that" topic...but it's been quite a doozy in our house!)
*And of course, the PRO's of being a SAHM....also....many on my list!



See you soon:)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

ha ha, you're funny, Linz! But speak so truely...yup, we've all been there, done that" & now it's your turn...and what a blessing it is! Can't wait to read more of your thoughts on being a SAHM!