Thursday, September 29, 2011

One day away.....

Happy Thursday!

First off, wanted to give you all a Maylin update from her lab results, since some are asking.
Both tests came back clear...so no pin worms...nothing yucky goin' on in her insides.  That's good! 

Her typical late morning post-breakfast place to fall asleep:)
So our next move?  I will feel more at ease once we take a little trip to FW to her surgeon.  He performed her umbilical surgery when she was 2 weeks old in the NICU.  Underneath her cutie belly button is her incision site, and a gathering of cartilage in between.  Part of me thinks it could be pulling at her skin, so maybe that's why she does what she does? And another part of me thinks she just does it for a simple soothing sensation.  But I do not think she is showing us an Autistic trait. As a baby, she is completely different from Isaac and a lot more "with it"...so we aren't leaning towards that.  Which is a great thing!! 

Anybody watch the show Parenthood?  It's become a new favorite show of mine. I'm intrigued with the family with the boy that has Asperger's. The mother of the boy is pregnant with another baby, and they just had an ultrasound on the last show and decided to know the sex.  She was terrified at the thought of having another boy, knowing the chances of having another child with Autism disorder is a lot higher in siblings and boys. When they told her it was a baby girl...the relief on her face was incredible! Pretty sure that hit the spot and watching that moment gave me a piece of mind too.  Hey if it's from a TV show...that's ok with me:)

So that's where we're at with that. Thanks to all those that have prayed about Maylin and what we would find out!


And tomorrow.... is the big day for my Mystery Belated Birthday Date/Getaway! I'm very ready! Still no clue as to where we're going...but I'll keep you all clued in as much as I will be on facebook:) 

The only things I know?  We're taking Kahler and Maylin along...and it's 2 nights instead of 1 night. So I'm clueless! Oh and he said to bring swimsuits....so I'm guessing a hotel room somewhere now. But that's it!  How do I pack for something like this?!:) I know we're not going "out out" with having both kids...so that kinda helps. 
Sooo....make sure you help me make my random decisions as we're going on facebook tomorrow!

Adios people!

No comments: