Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall??

Yes....that's what my title is...with a question mark.

Even today on facebook my status is:
"HAPPY 1st DAY OF FALL!"

Really...what's my deal?!

I can't seem to make up my mind right now because I really do LOVE fall!  September especially is my favorite month for a few reasons:

1. It's my b-day month:)  Hooray!
2. I love football season....just not all the take-away-my-husband time that comes with it.
3.  Boots...scarves....sweaters....love fall clothes!
4.  Campfires
5.  The colors!  and it gave me a chance to add some of those pretty colors to my site to vamp it up a little bit for the season....you like?:)
5.  The start-up of MOTTT's  (Moms of Tots to Teens).  A group I finally get to attend EVERY Thursday morning and see some amazing mommies each week.  Another plus to being a SAHM too:)
6.  Mums!  so very perdy.

Ok...so what the heck is my problem, you ask?

Well...the fall season thus far has not been very kind to our family lately.  It's officially the first day today and we've already been hit with the sickies.  Just a couple weeks ago I was touched with a 24 hr flu bug, then this entire past week the hubs had a small case of the flu, followed up by a good case of pneumonia. 

 He was home for an entire week.  This never happens. And it's football season!

So into our basement he went, cooped up down there like he was in a dungeon.  The doc gave him a script to help him out so finally today he's been fever-free for 24 hrs. and things are looking much better for him.  Thank the Lord.

Now also today, little Miss Maylin woke up from her nap with a nice little fever goin' on.  Lovely. Pretty sure it's not a teething fever with all the germies running around in our house.  So I hope this girl doesn't get anything too serious. 


My 2 sickies.....


She's so sweet...even when she's not feeling good:(

She does make the cutest little sick person you've ever seen though, right?:)

Due to all the sickness factors, my birthday, which was yesterday, was not a whole lotta fun.  This entire week I've been running my hiney off non-stop taking care of not 3, but 4 kids (Brock!) and literally doing EVERYTHING around the house.  I definitely started feeling a little run down yesterday with all of that. A couple bright sides of the the day was that I was able to go to MOTTT's in the morning and had my short "me-time" there.  Then in the evening one of the football coaches treated us to an humungo pizza for supper. What a life-saver!  Then my mom and dad picked up the kiddos in the evening so that Brock and I could just rest and sleep.  An entire uninterrupted night of sleep was super nice!

 So.... I'm not too bummed out, because I only turned the big 2-9....so not like it was a big milestone. Just the last year in my 20's...so not trying to get too depressed about that fact;) 

What I'm REALLY ready for...is next weekend!  Wanna know why??  I'm going to include all of you in my Mystery Belated Birthday Date/Getaway!  It's gonna be fun...and I have NO idea where we're going! Brock's got something up his sleeve...and even has me making random decisions on this little adventure.  You'll be able to catch me on facebook with my random decisions...and can help me vote!  Fun right?! so stay tuned for that!


And since this post is dedicated to my love/hate relationship for fall right now....here's my next thing on my to-do/birthday to myself item: 
MUMS!

Isn't it so very pretty?  I have a little problem tho....this is my ONLY mum that is this big and bloomin' right now. It's kinda my "special ed" mum because he doesn't know what the heck is going on:)  So either I need to add more to his little family or do something with him....what should I do?  ideas?
Also....need to fill in my bed with some color too.  Thought some little mums would do good in towards the front there....and a couple up top next to another itty bitty one.  Thoughts on colors? We have a light yellow house so didn't know if the orange like above looked best? Do a variety?  Not sure.  Input would be lovely!


I'll leave you with an entertaining pic of the week.  The boys are kinda in a regressing stage with their potty-training of doing #2 here lately....so I'm constantly swapping one boy for another to sit on the john.  It's super fun. Be jealous.  But Kahler manages to keep the potty scene interesting! =)


And welcome blog follower #40!  Was stuck at 39 for a while there....so 40 is a nice round number...thanks:)  let's get this baby up to more round numbers....how bout it?!  Just click the "Join this site" button and you can see the new posts when they roll it...and maybe this can get bumped up to 50...maybe 60 followers soon??!:)

Have a great friday all...and a HAPPY FALL! right???

No comments: