Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Birthday "Surprise"

Yes, I feel like a big disappointer for those just counting down the minutes until our departure to our mystery destination last weekend!  I know you were all at the edge of your seats in anticipation!!.....

;) 

yes....I know you all are not a bunch of losers either....(most of you!) ha!

As you might have noticed....the cat was out of the bag on Thursday night.  Brock was having issues with the overnight arrangements to stay on Saturday as well.  He didn't feel comfortable making the call on who we should stay with, so that's when he decided he needed my input. 

And spoil his surprise:(  boo. 
So the big scavenger guessing mystery whatever-you-wanna-call-it wasn't such a big mystery anymore, however he had one very excited wife! 

We ended up venturing to the Noblesville area to visit lotsa friends with Kahler and Maylin in tow.  Isaac got to stay with the grandparents, so he had a fun-filled weekend as well!

Anyways, we have 5 couples down in that area that live within 15 minutes of each other that we're good friends with.  It's crazy how many people we get to see within a short couple days! 

Friday night we stayed with Brock's cousin Davie and Jen, then Saturday we spent the day going to my gal pal Andrea's, then my cousin Brandi's, then hit up Josh & Angie's new crib on their moving weekend.  That was exciting!  Then our last stop was at the Loy's for supper, football, and the first Loy/Maust sleepover!  Our boys had a great time together!

On Sunday we headed out the the Children's Museum, which was a great way to top off the weekend for Kahler!  Maylin had her share of fun there too:)
Kahler and his new pal, Brayden....playing with the dinosaurs!!

Riding the racecar

BIG choo choo train!!

The kid-zone room....specifically designed for kids 5 and under....it was awesome!

Kahler playing with boats in the water

They even had a little area for kids 2 and under...so Maylin enjoyed that...she's loving herself in the mirror! what a girl:)

My cutie:)

Brock DID manage to get away with one surprise out of the entire weekend.  To have me curious he asked me a few days before to "pick a color".  He was probably thinking I'd choose something super basic or whatever, but I said "lime green".  Yep...that threw him off.  His response: "hmm,..that does make this a little more difficult" :) 

So.....as we were scrambling around to leave the house on Friday we jumped in the car and what do I find on my seat?!?



A LIME GREEN I-pod shuffle!! 
I'm pretty excited.  I had yet to own anything with "I-" in front of it....so I'm pumped!  Especially the fact that I've wanted one of these to be my new "running buddy" for a long time now!  Now it's the fact that I haven't ran in 2 weeks that will be a tad tough to get back into the groove due to Brock's pneumonia episode, followed up by me being sick.  We've both come to the conclusion that we both got sick a lot easier when we stopped working out super faithfully ever since our work out buds moved away!  (Yes, Angie, if you're reading this I'm blaming YOU!) ha ha! U know I still love ya:)

So yes...beautiful weather ahead this week.... so back into the running game I go!!  Now I need some new running tunes...suggestions??:)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

What a fun "surprise!"