Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Welcome Baby Girl Yoder! & 39 Week Update...

My new baby niece has arrived! She was born @ 4:17 Monday morning and weighed a healthy 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. Good sized baby girl, and the biggest of Kristi's 3 kids!
My sister is a pro at having babies, considering her water broke at home at almost midnight...then she pushed her right out after a short 4 hours of labor (and no epidural!) Yeah...she has amazing pain tolerance! (And yeah, she made it to the hospital on time...no home birth!)
One problem...as of today at 3:00 PM STILL NO NAME!! My sister and her husband are so funny about this, and it got worse and worse with #3! The first 2 kids' names were decided pretty much right there in the hospital after they were born. This time, they didn't even have any ideas for either sex since it was a surprise baby this time. So it's taking them awhile for a decision! Hope they have one they like to put on the birth certificate before they go home today!
So..."no-name baby girl"...hopefully we can call you something soon!! : )
She is a beauty though, isn't she?! :)
And I got to see her wide awake! She looks SO much like her big sister, Kylie when she was born!
And she has a beautiful head of hair, hardly any marks or bruising on her face...and has the silliest blonde spot of hair on top of her head!
I'll keep ya posted on a name as soon as I find out myself!
Welcome Grand-baby #5!!
Now...the 39 week update:
*Measuring right on @ 39 wks!
*Dialated 3-4 cm
*60% effaced/thinned out
*Head has dropped even more...so we're at a -1 or -2. Definitely explains the extreme pressure I had in my hips last night...holy cow!
*Positioning: Little booger is down correctly, but is facing the side instead of facing my spine. So we were feeling bony knees or something today:/ He better cooperate!
*So ...we're still doing the waiting game:P My husband is so silly and is being a little picky on the date I can have this baby! He can't have me have him on a Tues or Thurs due to the fact he is teaching a brand new computer class that he would HATE for a sub to take over while he's at the hospital. So I will have to live with the fact that he would need to leave me for an hour and a half should I decide to go during the day! UGH! (Don't think he'll have much of a choice!) So tomorrow, Thursday evening or Friday would be pretty great right now:)

2 comments:

darcy said...

WE'll pray for Thurs or Friday night (BROCK!!!) =)

Yeah on movement.. we don't have texting anymore so someone needs to call me when he comes!

Unknown said...

I'm excited to get to see the new babe :) I hope he waits until Friday so you can come to MOTTTS. You know all you need to do is have us all pray about it, prayer works wonders there!!!

Can't wait to see ya :)