Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kahler's 1st week & the life with 2!

So life as officially begun with 2 kiddos now....
...and what a week it has been!
To update you all, things haven't been the easiest, not due to the fact that I have 2 kids to care for, but we just found out yesterday Isaac has an ear infection:(
This definitely explains the fact that the poor kid hasn't slept during the night the past 3 nights. He has been up with me, Brock and thankfully my mom too sleeping on us in recliners or couches during the night. It has been very unpleasant and made no sense to us what the heck was wrong with him. I'm so glad we went and got him in to be checked out, cuz I never thought the ear infection was the case. This is his 1st one so I didn't really see the obvious signs when they happened. Now we got the Isaac on meds and ear drops, so I pray they work! I'm thinking he will be a brand new kid when this is over, and hopefully it doesn't keep reoccurring. Life with 2 will be just that much easier!
Here's a picture of Isaac in one of his happier goofy moments after bath time:) Daddy was being ornery with him!

Now on to Sir Kahler! I tell ya what, with all that's been going on with his big brother, I am SO blessed he is seriously being the best baby! I don't know if it's because he's my 2nd and I'm not so paranoid about him, but this baby does not fuss AT ALL!! I know he's only a week old, so I hope I'm not knocking on wood:) He just lays and looks around when he's awake and is just very content. He only gets a couple riled up sounds goin' on when he's hungry or wet or poopy:) It's pretty great! He's nursing and pooping like a champ too...which are complete opposite traits that his older brother did not have! So I think not having that to stress about is very refreshing!
Here is one moment though..when he is actually in a full out cry...and that was of course the dreaded 1st bath at home:)
It really wasn't that bad though, huh?
Chillin' out and looking around
Feeling good all fresh and clean!
I love how cozy this kid looks!
Here I am! Wed. 9/17...officially 1 WEEK OLD!

Finding my fingers and lovin' em! Mommy doesn't let them out to play much:)
And more visitors!
My best gal pal, Erin! Due with her baby boy in 10 days here! Hope he comes soon for ya babe! Kahler needs his play bud here!
JJ and Lindsay came last night. JJ and Brock are teacher buds together.
Me and my miserable big baby:( Here he is having a bottle during the day which is totally unheard of for him. This was the last resort since he was refusing to eat anything:(
Play time with Daddy's hat....


The good moments:)
...and the only time I make time to do a blog! Hope these start to get a little shorter for you readers:) But hey, I take advantage when I can!



2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Can't wait till we can share stories of two little guys together! Wow...I'm tired just reading your blog! haha...Kahler is just so cute and looks SO MUCH like his big brother! Especially that cuddly picture with his mouth in a little pout...Congrats on your 1st week with 2 babies Linz!

darcy said...

That last picture is PRICELESS! So adorable. =)

ANd poor Isaac! Glad you found it relatively early. And YEAH for a good baby Kahlor!!!