Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Weekend of Celebrations!

On Saturday: We celebrated birthdays!...
This turned out to be a crazy long weekend for our familia, but a good one! We started out by stopping over @ our friends' Darin and Darcy's to see Miss Adie...who turned the big UNO! Yay! She is 6 days older than Isaac so we're hoping they learn to become good buds! I don't know what his deal was but he acted like he wanted nothing to do with a girl at first! I finally got them both in a couple pics playing @ her little kitchen:) Hope you had a great 1st bday Adie!!



Then we were off for the evening to celebrate my Mom's bday, which was really on Mother's Day this year:/ Not so fun to plan! So we took her out to a bday dinner @ Hana Yori's! YUM-O!! I've literally been craving this place for probably over a year-no joke! This this was a fun outing for us, especially since all of us didn't bring out kiddos! It was definitely more relaxing and enjoyable:)
Here's my Mom with her goose! (The funny waitress put her leftovers in it as a gift! ha ha!)
My Dad, Mom, Grandma K, & my sister, Kristi
Brock, me, Sis-in-law, Liz and my brother, Brian
It worked out great with a group of 8 of us cuz that fit the entire table:) We finished off the evening by making a trip to Babies-R-Us to get a couple gifts. Which looked so funny with the whole fam going in! It was Brock's first time ever going there so that was pretty overwhelming for him!

On Sunday: We celebrated Mommies!! Happy Mother's Day!
AND-it was the 100th Anniversary to celebrate mommies:) Considering that this was my first official mother's day, I thought that was pretty cool:) It made up for last year when all I wanted was to have Isaac for a mother's day gift but instead I was huge and miserable! It turned out ok though! I am so blessed to be a mommy of this handsome guy....:)
@ Church we had Isaac dedicated! It was awesome. We've been attending New Life Fellowship and it was such an amazing service for the baby dedication.
Isaac's cousin, Lincoln, was also dedicated! They were the only 2 studly boys up there:)
Daddy took this picture of us up there while there was a song played and prayer for the babies.

After church we headed to Brock's parents for lunch, then made our way out to my parent's in the evening for supper. We did so much running around, but it was nice to be with all of the familes in one day!

Then last but not least, Brock didn't forget about me! (Or should I say Isaac:)) Sat. afternoon we went into the school to print off stuff and he took Isaac and set him on this table. I looked and his whiteboard behind him said "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy! Love Isaac and Daddy" Then sitting beside him were these flowers!....
And...a Willowtree figurine! I LOVE these! I have a few of them sitting around my house:) This one is called "Child of My Heart". I loved it!! I thought the baby looked just like Isaac's size and everything...pretty cool!
Good job, honey! You finally did a surprise and didn't give it away! ha ha!

What a great weekend! Hope all you momma's had a wonderful and relaxing mother's day! :)

No comments: