Thursday, May 7, 2009

Watered down?

The picture below I think says a lot about me....today. If you ask me if this picture would have ever existed about 7 months ago...probably not. Actually I know it would never have existed. This picture of my husband and I was randomly taken last Sunday at church...without me having a clue!
I can tell ya right now, this Bible was given to me last Mother's day(almost a year ago), and I NEVER used it until last October...when we started attending Grace. The previous 2 churches we attended had me never wanting to dig into scripture like I am today. I do not step foot into our church now without my bible in tow. I've never been more encouraged to bring my bible to church with me every Sunday...so I know that says something!
(You're probably wondering why I'm writing this)...
Well...
Our pastor used this picture in his blog titled: "A fun little rant".
I strongly encourage you to read it @ www.thebrownbytes.blogspot.com
After considering the path my husband and I have taken in the past compared to who we are today, you may ask if we attend a "watered down" church....I will tell you:
I THINK NOT!
In all honesty, I used to be one of those people who thought negative things about Grace. Until you actually have been there, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about! Now it infuriates me to think what all is being said about this church that has done nothing but bring out the positives in my husband and I. We are not perfect and we know it--but we are better people for where we are today, and we can say we have a relationship with the Big JC:)
As we are discussing the End Times series, the Truth that Pastor Jim brings to us each Sunday is ANYTHING BUT watered down!!
Pastor Jim, we believe in Grace and you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With tears in my eyes I am so encouraged by what you wrote!

jim