Wednesday, May 13, 2009

***Honored***...

As we've had a lot going on recently, I haven't had an opportunity to post about this til today! A few nights ago Brock and I were invited to attend Goshen High School Academic Honors Awards Banquet. It was awesome! First of all, you couldn't beat that it was at the Essenhaus for a free meal!...and all of us that attended took up the entire family style section of the restaurant! It was a huge deal! 178 students grades 9-12 with achievements of getting an A- and better in all of their classes all semesters. Pretty amazing when you see all of these kids!
Why did Brock and I go? Well...my amazing husband/teacher/coach was chosen by one of his senior students as their Outstanding Educator. He was blown away and so incredibly honored! We didn't realize how big of a deal this was, as only the seniors get to have this priveledge to choose someone who has impacted their academic career.
So Nicole, one of the few females that takes Brock's technology course, is going to Purdue (woo hoo!) and majoring in Construction Management. Pretty awesome considering she was also involved in choir, orchestra, and about all of the plays at school. She was even in top honors in English...and yet...she still chose my husband over all of these other amazing educators she has had! Pretty awesome!
I sometimes forget, since I don't get to see my husband in "teacher mode" anymore, how amazing of a teacher he is...and how much he impacts his students daily. On top of that, he spends a ton of his time with even more kids when he coaches. Kids flock to him in times of need and guidance, and I am just in awe of how great that is for students to have a role model like him:)
I guess you could say I'm happy to claim him! Great job on your achievement babe!
In other news..
Sir Kahler is EVERYWHERE! I haven't had good opportunities to take pics of his busy body lately...but this is what he was doing about 3 weeks ago! You can imagine what he's doing now!
Climbing....

Standing...(he's standing for long periods of time at the tables with Isaac and plays...pretty funny to watch those two!)

I'm so glad he's learned to get down from a stand too..whew! but yeah...we're totally in for it!
He is one super speedy crawler these days. It's crazy! He's pretty funny though when he first sees me when I get off work...if that boy is on the floor...he is bookin' it to get to me! So cute!
He's still adorable, but the boy is gettin' himself in trouble LOTS these days:)

Stay tuned for Isaac's 2 year pics!




2 comments:

Tricia Heyde said...

OMG!!! He is gonna be walking soon. My jaw dropped when I saw him standing. Kendal isn't even crawling yet!!! Wow, that is so awesome!!!

Unknown said...

that is awesome for Brock. nicole is one of the girls I had in my youth group when they were like 6-8th graders...I can't believe they are all seniors this year. CRAZY.

Enjoy the greeting...Jackson for the longest time could care less if I left him somewhere or came to pick him up...it is a joy of a working mom to get that kind of welcome.