Monday, April 20, 2009

thee...."Annual Maust Easter Scavenger Hunt"!

Last Saturday my in-laws threw their annual Easter Scavenger Hunt. It was perfect weather, unlike previous years, so we all had a wonderful time being outdoors.

It's hard to get the full effect of how funny this hunt is. My mom-in-law goes to GREAT lengths to plan this! We get paired up boy/girl by drawing names. This year was a lot more competitive because we had more couples involved. It seems like the previous couple of years the females were pregnant! (Me being 2 for 2 around Easter season)
This hunt also involves some strenuous running around the entire property...across the road...under bridges...all over the house...you name it! Linda (Mom-in-law) had 12 eggs(5 individual hunts total..this woman is very creative!) We even had to make 3 "pit stops" to accomplish some pretty funny tasks!
Ok...here's the "pre hunt" waiting to find out our partners....

The TEAMS! I drew the pink uniform, and Bub, Brock's brother drew me as a partner! This was the 2nd year we were partners...we were champions 3 years ago so I thought we were gonna win for sure!
My goof ball of a husband is in the lime green T and was paired up with Cheri....needless to say...they won:P BOOO!! Bub and I came in 3rd after a fluke of some cheaters and what not! HA ha! Oh well...next year!
And don't laugh at the XL T's us females always have to wear! Linda had to improvise the previous years when we all had HUGE belly's! Now we all just look huge:)

More pics of the day....
Kahler LOVES being outdoors! Such a cheese head:)
Kids egg hunt! Isaac did so good this time!
Isaac actually put the eggs IN the bucket instead of taking them out this time:)
Me & my big bubba:)

Checkin' out all the colorful eggs...He had to take them apart before moving on to the next!
Kahler's 1st experience in the grass! He liked it pretty well!
4-Wheelin' time with Uncle Bub, Aunt Brooke and Izzi!
Brock's cousin Dan & Anndee's "little big guy", Zachary! He is SO adorable!
Instant buddies:)

Thanks Gary & Linda for putting on such a fun time for all of us!:)

4 comments:

Missy and Trav said...

Leave it to Gary & Linda for creating such an awesome hunt! ;0) Looks like great fun for all!

darcy said...

You DO NOT have matching shirts! THat is hilarious!!!

Jewel said...

Lindsay---hi this is Jewel from MOTTTs. Not sure if you remember me or not. I just got done reading thru all of your posts on your blog. I love how you blog! It's been great getting to know you this way. I'm wondering if I have your permission to post a link to your blog on my blog. So that way I know when you have posted something new.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, your kids are absolutely adorable :)