Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Shower for Baby Berkeypile...& Baby Maust Update!

Last Sunday was a wonderful day to do a get-together with my high school girlfriends and celebrate another baby on the way:) This shower was for Erin, a high school friend of mine. She is expecting her first baby boy on Sept. 28th...just 10 days after me! I'm SO excited to share the opportunity for our boys to grow up together, and to be so close in age. Best of all, her and her husband moved back in the area, and he got a teaching and coaching job at Wawasee, so we'll get to see them a lot more often which is a huge plus! I'm so pumped! They used to be in Muncie, but even when they were there, they were awesome about stopping over and visiting us and Isaac when they'd make trips home for the weekends. They are wonderful friends so I'm just so excited to have Erin close by!

Anyways, my friends Megan and Brooke threw a nice little shower where we just sat outside and relaxed, ate, and caught up with everybody and their lives now. Gosh how things change! It's so crazy! But it was awesome just to get together again which I always miss. My girlfriends are the best though cuz no matter how long we go without seeing each other, we always pick up right where we left off! It's a great comforting feeling!
Here are some pics of the day:

Group shot of the get-together....Erin is next to me with the belly too:)

The mommies!! (I'm 35.5 wks. here and Erin is a couple days shy of 34 wks.)

Me and Erin and our boys:)




Now for the Baby Maust update!
So I had my 36 week appointment today! (Technically I'm 35.5 weeks but hey that's the scheduling for ya!) I'm now down to going every week so I'll be back again already next Tuesday. This time period just came so fast I can't believe it.

So anyways, I got checked out by my favorite midwife, Amy, who delivered Isaac. So she remembers how big my big boy was:) Well, when I got measured I was measuring right at 35 weeks, which is very good since I'm almost 36:) She said the baby is definitely not huge and is probably around 6 lbs. So relieved to hear that! That was probably the best news. Then she went ahead and checked me out and I'm just over 1 cm dialated. That's always good. I remember being like that before too. No thinning out or effacement yet, but she said that's normal not to do that so fast with the second baby. Then the position of the baby is also good. His limbs aren't facing out like Isaac's always did. He was always flipped the wrong way so he ended up delivering face up. Yeah, not so fun! So everything was looking very good! She said this is the time if I went into labor they would have it go ahead, so we're in the clear. Although I could definitely stand to have him in there a big longer! Mentally we're not ready...especially Isaac! ha ha! And I still gotta wash baby clothes...that's now on the agenda!

So overall, I'm happy and relieved to hear I have hope for an easier delivery with little mister in there...hopefully he cooperates:)

Next project will be moving mostly all our personal stuff to my parent's to live in the basement before the baby comes. Yep, we soon will be making a move and living there for a bit while our house is going to get rented out for a few months. It'll hopefully be a good situation all-together so I'll letcha know how that works out:)

Until next time, have a great week! I'll keep ya'll posted with the next updates!

1 comment:

The Lantzes said...

That is crazy, I am all bout natural stuff so I will have to remember that when we have another one. Well, I am all about natural stuff with the exception of an epidural:) Let me know what you think of it after a few weeks! Thanks for the info!