Sunday, July 27, 2008

Chicago!

Last Thursday Brock and I headed off to Chicago for our "anniversary getaway"! Our 3 year anniversary was really on the 9th of July, but we found this time to be a great opportunity to celebrate, mainly because Brock's best friend, Mike, got married this past weekend...(and Brock was a groomsman!) It worked out pretty well, however we didn't take Isaac along on this trip. Fun to not have to stress over carting him everywhere...but it was my first time leaving him for 2 nights straight...and that was very hard! We were so anxious to get back to him! But he was still in one piece..thanks to both g'ma's babysitting him:)

Thursday evening was the rehearsal @ Bahama Breeze restaurant. Very cool place and totally my style! I wish there was one close by around here!

Friday evening they had their wedding which was an outdoor ceremony. Perfect weather for it too! A tad on the hot side, but sitting in the shade wasn't so bad. They had around 100 guests, so it was a nice personal evening for them.

Mike and Casey are absolutely perfect for each other too. This was totally their style. It was cool that Brock was a part of Mike's wedding, just like he was a part of ours. Them two go way back...went to high school together, played football, and were roomies their freshman year @ BSU. Great buds! Here are some pics of their wonderful day!


Picture time before the ceremony:

The "3" of us:)

Brock and Mikey!

Yeah....he cleans up pretty nice, I'd say;)

Brock looked so short next to some of these guys! ha ha!

Mr. & Mrs. VanPutten!

The wedding party...loved the bright flowers with the black...AND she had the girls all find their own black dresses...what a cool idea! They all looked very unique-nice touch!

The boys and Casey!

The "cocktail hour" took place in a carousel room. Very cool! After the wedding party was introduced they all hitched rides on their ponies:) Apparently my husband doesn't know how to ride a horse:) (He's backwards!)

Mike is so silly!

So after one more night in Chicago, we headed home Saturday morning after having breakfast @ Denny's with my great gal Jess and her fiance' Mike! It was awesome to get to see her, even for the short time it was.

The only downside of the trip was that I got sick both nights after eating dinner. The first time was actually @ the Bahama Breeze and the second time was once I layed down to go to bed at the hotel after the reception. I have no idea what that was about! I was in complete discomfort as my belly would get into a really tight ball and I'd feel really yuck! But after I got sick I immediately felt better afterwards. It was so strange. I don't know if I was literally home sick or what the deal was. I have heard on rare occasions that women can get sick towards the end of their pregnancy too...I hope that's not the case! That would not be fun!

But anyways, that was our fun weekend getaway in Chi-town! We'll be back there in November for Mike and Jess' wedding then! Yay!

*Stay tuned for pictures from Brock's bday which we're celebrating tonight...and tomorrow night! What a spoiled boy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH Chicago, what a fun weekend :) I'm glad you got to have a get away before the babe comes!

darcy said...

How fun. =) And I'm sorry about getting sick.. that didn't sound fun!!