Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July Weekend and more!

So I've been kinda MIA from the computer this past week. Brock and I house-sat his parent's place all last week while they went on vacation. It was kind of a mini-vacation for us too, considering we had a pool to be at all week, satellite TV (since we still have "amish tv" ha ha!) and we even had a washer and dryer to use that works! So those conveniences were fun for us to enjoy for a while:) They don't have a computer at their house so I kind of made myself take a break from blogging and being a computer worm for a bit...and it was kind of nice! So I have a little catching up to do now.

Anyways, before his parent's left they had a party on the 3rd so we went to that and had a fun time. Here are a couple pics of Isaac geared up in his new muscle T! It said "4th of July Tour" on the shirt and "from sea to shining sea". I thought he looked pretty studly in it:)
He's got a mean glare, doesn't he?!



On the 4th my mom and I (& Isaac) went to visit my great friend, Kelly and her new baby girl, Abigail! It was great fun getting to see her again! She now lives in Myrtle Beach so we were excited to get our kids together to finally meet. Her baby girl is SO beautiful! It's so crazy that her and I are both mommies now, considering we grew up together and were in each other's weddings and all that great stuff. It really made us realize we're growing up now!

We did a lot of relaxing on Friday, since oddly most of our big plans were every other day except for on the 4th...which never happens! Here's Brock and Isaac napping...I just thought it was too cute:)

Saturday my friend Tricia and her hubby and son came up from Lafayette to visit. We went to the drive-in in Syracuse to eat then were off to watch the Wawasee fireworks on my parent's boat. They spent the night and we spent part of the afternoon back at the pool at Brock's parent's. It was fun to finally get our two boys together to play too!

Here's Isaac reading his "Where's Spot?" book on the way to eat.

On the boat: Isaac on the left and Aidan on the right. They are exactly a year apart by 3 days.
Tricia & Aidan, Me & Isaac getting ready to watch the fireworks!

Isaac looking at the water on the lake

Our annual Maust family picture on the boat. We do this every year for the Wawasee fireworks:)

Isaac really did watch a couple of the fireworks and liked them, but then he got more and more sleepy....

...and before you knew it he was OUT! ha ha! I can't believe all the booming noises didn't keep him up!

My parents and nephew Brady up on the fly deck. Brady looked so silly with his huge ear plugs on! He enjoyed the fireworks though!

The remainder of our stay at Brock's parents gave Isaac the opportunity to learn to LOVE the pool! It was so crazy how a week ago he would always complain at first then warm up to the water. Now he can't wait til he touches the water! It is so funny! We even have him going under quite often and it doesn't even phase him now! Brock even said he was smiling at him under water cuz they both would have their eyes open:) I hope he likes it after being away from it after some period of time...guess we'll see!

Here's Brock putting Isaac under...

...and he's OK!

So that was our fun-filled weekend!

Here's the "more" part:

* July 9th Brock and I celebrated our 3-year anniversary! SO hard to believe! We were invited to a friend's place and they made us a wonderful dinner so that was nice. Other than that, we're waiting til the end of the month til we go to Chicago for a wedding to have a little anniversary getaway. We're pretty excited for that!

*Last Thursday I passed the 30 week mark with our bun in the oven! 10 to go! (Hopefully around 8:) That would be so great!) Isaac was only a day early, so I'm not getting my hopes up! I'm gonna get some pics up sometime soon! It's so crazy I'm starting to go to my appt's every 2 weeks now instead of 4. That's just weird-it's going so fast now! I'll keep ya updated the best I can!

Next post will probably be about non other than the FAIR!! It starts this Friday so hopefully we'll spend some good times out there. My family is huge into the fair so Isaac better learn to like it too! I'm anxious to see his reaction to the animals....so stay tuned for some pictures of that! :)

6 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Looks like a great time! :) Hopefully we will see you at the fair :)

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm defiantly adding you to my fav blogs to read :) I love to keep up on people!

Did Janae go to Bethel? Or Prarie Camp, I swear I know her from somewhere!

Hope you are doing well :)

Unknown said...

enjoy the bun IN the oven as long as possible..early isn't always good.

cute pics..i have been computerless all week too...so i haven't even posted 4th pics. we'll get there.

Have a great weekend.

Elizabeth said...

fun recap... looks like a very relaxing last couple of weeks! what a great tradition of fireworks at the lake...love all those 'cozy' pictures!
our fair starts today..gotta love fairtime =)

Anonymous said...

So great to see you, Brock, Isaac, Janae and Matt, your folks... you are all such neat people! Thanks so much for posting such fun pics! If I only had more time to blog I would do something like this on my news page! Keep it up! So excited for your family! :)

christy marie said...

hey lindz! sorry it took me so long to stop by and see your blog!! it's been a busy summer ... but i miss reading up on people's blogs. i think i've just gotten so used to staying updated through facebook that blogger has gone to the wayside. sounds like you and brock are having a great summer! happy anniversary (a bit late). I would love to get together soon. i called your mom yesterday to see if there was a time soon that raegan and i could come visit so if we could see you guys too that would be awesome!! love ya!