Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good Friends...Good Times!

Last Saturday night was a blast for Brock and I! My best gal pal, JaNae had gotten in touch with me earlier in the week seeing if we were free that night to go out to dinner with her and her husband, Matt. Surprisingly, we had nothing going on for once so we made a date with them to go eat @ Hacienda! And coincidentally, it was also JaNae's birthday too, so it was tons of fun to celebrate with her on her day:) We met up with them and high school bud, Darin and his wife and 2 kids. So we had a great and goofy time!

I can never say enough about JaNae! She is just so awesome and I love her to pieces! She was one of my bridesmaids and also sang in my wedding. This girl has the voice of an angel:) To be honest, I really don't know how her and I kept such an amazing relationship over the years. She was 2 grades older than me in high school and it never even seemed that way. We always got along so well. Even after we both graduated and did our own things, we still would find time to hang out and always picked up where we left off like nothing ever changed...it's so great! Once she got married it had been harder to get together since she moved to Bluffton. It's like an hour 1/2 drive. But when we do see her and Matt we have so much fun. Brock and Matt always have a great time together too!

After we had our dinner date they came back to our house and we had some great fun and conversation. It was also so great that they got to see Isaac again since it had been almost a year since they'd last seen him. Too cool! While JaNae and I stayed inside and talked for eons (like we do best!)...Brock and Matt went outside and played a few rounds of botchy-ball. How funny they were! After a bit you couldn't even find them in the yard it was so dark out! But I managed to get a couple of pics of the 2 crazies!

First, here's JaNae and me:) Happy Birthday, JaNae!!
Matt and Brock playing....
Good toss, honey! (How silly does he look!)
The boys

Thanks for a great night you guys! We love ya!

*Oh, and today I finally got to get Isaac in for his "1 year check up" Even though the kid will be 14 months in a couple days! That was seriously the soonest they could get him in..kind of ridiculous! But oh well! He weighed 26 lbs. and was 32.5 inches long! That puts him in the 75th percentile for weight again and he dropped from 100% to the 95th percentile for height. Guess he's shrinkin:) Not really-the kid is still so stinkin' long...it's crazy! But he's good and healthy! The only downside the doc found is that he needs to up his vocab skills a little more...so we're gonna start crunchin' down on that. That's the update on Mr. Isaac! :)

No comments: