Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Wrap Up.....

So I really can't believe how awful I am at keeping this thing up...especially during the summer! Who reads this thing anyway??!

Since we're in the back-to-school mode, thought I'd do a quickie summer wrap up of the main happenings in our summer. If you are friends with me on facebook, then you've probably seen these pictures already on my albums there. However, I feel like I need to keep this photo-journal going to look back on when things happened here too! If you haven't done it in a while, I encourage you bloggers to go back to your first blog posts, and read up to where you're at now. It's incredible how much has changed in so little of time!
Anyways, here's what the Maust's have been up to. I can truly say, a lot of this summer has been so fun! A lot different than last summer having to care for a new preemie babe and being cooped up for 3 weeks in the hospital majority of the good part of it!
We celebrated 1 year of Maylin being out the NICU at Parkview North Hospital's NICU reunion in June. This place will remain super special in our hearts. Had a great day revisiting her doctors and nurses. They had all kinds of fun free stuff for the NICU grads and their families for the day, so I'm glad we went!






After the 4th of July Festivities we took a mini-getaway to South Haven MI. the following weekend. Our stay also fell over our 6 year anniversary so that was a great way to celebrate! Only this year we didn't take our kiddos, but our good friends, the Shepards. What an amazing, relaxing time we had! It was so nice not to have a set schedule and just enjoy each other's company. Fun days at the beach all day and dinghy rides, going out to eat in the evenings, and plenty of Kilwin's waffle cones, right Tony?;) We will be doing this again!:)


Kari & I at Captain Lou's




End of July.....if you're from Elkhart County then you know the last week of that summer month revolves around THE FAIR! (well to me it did, and still does!) I should have asked Brock if he was a fair guy before I married him;) JK. He just doesn't share my passion for the fair like I did. It's just how I was raised....going from literally living at the fair the entire week, to only going a couple of evenings out is quite the transition for me!

Anyways, we did a couple nights out there, one being just a date night for Brock and I going to the Trace Adkins concert. LOVE him! He's always been a fav of mine....so I was pretty excited to see him again in concert!




We even slept in the camper one night:) Oh what fun!

For Kid's Day, K-bub and I had a date and I took him on kiddie rides with his cousins











My favorite pic of him and his cousin Brady on the motorcycle rides. He is like Brady's shadow, and probably listens better to him than his own mother!:)


My last fair outting was with my girl, Angie! We had a Ladies Night and went and saw The Band Perry....awesome!!









Beginning of August....my 10 Year Reunion!!

I can't believe I've been out of high school for ten years. wow. I'm sure everyone feels like that when their reunions come around too! I was a class officer so I was pretty much rounding up a committee to help head this thing up. We started meeting like in January and met once a month trying to track people down (thank God for facebook!) sent out invites, figured out a budget, and planned everything down to the last detail. It was a LOT of work! I was so glad when it finally came and when it was over it was like a huge weight off my shoulders.

It ended up being at my parent's pole barn (now my dad's shop), so it worked out perfect to have it there. Turned out to be a great night, but could have done without the hot night. AC was definitely needed!


Turned the work bench into a nice little set-up



We decorated the entire place for only $20. Yep. Used everyone's white Xmas lights, mason jars with tea lights everywhere, and some wildflowers for the tables. It looked great!

We also enjoyed a yummy dinner from Nelson's!


Our MC's for the night....buddies Ryan & Ryan. They were hilarious heading up the night with trivia and prizes for everyone:)



Old friends having a great time!




Love these girls to pieces! A couple missing from the crew here....but when we're all together it's just like it used to be! :)






So that's our summer in a nutshell! One major event missing from this post is baby girls 1st birthday party pictures! That's what I get for not having my own camera right now=/ They're all on my mom's so I need to get them uploaded!

Trying to decide if I want a new camera for my b-day or an I-pod shuffle for running??....hmm...decisions decisions:)

So stay tuned for her party pics!

Also coming up:

*A back to school edition dedicated to Isaac

*Stay-at-home-mommy stuff....what my new everyday life consists of! ;)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My friend, know that I am reading :)

Jewel said...

Lindsay---I read every time you post something new. That's why you're linked to the side of my blog so I know when you post something! Girl, you think you're far behind...I am way further behind than you. A part of me wants to just start new & fresh but yet there are some things that I really do want to post! You did an amazing transformation w/that barn. Awesome! And I was so surprised to see the last picture that I knew someone in it...well, besides you, of course! I know Jamie Britsch...we play Bunco together once a month! Hey, you should be on the substitute list! Are you interested? :) Wow, this "comment" is long!