Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ch...ch...ch....ch...ch....CHANGES.

So. Yesterday marked an official day of change for our family. After sharing the news with our principal and the kids' daycare teachers, I submitted my resignation letter to my high-up boss lady through the corporation I work for in the area for Emotional Disorders. I have worked 2 1/2 years as a Para at FHS and am looking at 7 more days of full time work in a school.



My new job?



A FULL TIME stay-at-home wife and mom:)



Why the change?






Ever since we have gotten Isaac's official diagnosis, I have been wracking my brain with knowledge on what we can do to make our son better. Through many different resources I hope to use it to my advantage and put Isaac on a gluten-free, casein-free diet (as many of you already know about). This in itself will be a whole new full time job to me! I am NOT a domestic mother (and I've come to accept and be ok with it! ha ha!), so this will also be a huge challenge and adjustment for all of us.






Most of all, my kids are growing up...way.too.fast. I don't want to miss any more fun moments with them. I love the fact that they were in daycares with other kids, and that Maylin had great caretakers while I was working too. I just don't want to miss anymore. Today Isaac celebrated his birthday at daycare and preschool. He came home with an adorable paper crown that he wore at his parties. I would have LOVED to have seen that! (I did get a picture of it at least...thanks Wendy!)






We are praying the expenses of me not working will fall in place. This will be tough. As much as this new diet will be a change, so will the cost of everything for it. We can do nothing but crack down even more to make it work. Like I said, it will be tough!






My Goals?






*Get some long awaited projects done around the house.


*Keep my house a little more manageable and *maybe* more caught up on laundry! ha!


*Cook some really kick-butt meals for my family.


*Start planting a garden


*Have play dates with mommy friends


*Not drive all over the county every day...save on gas $$


*Finally do a garage sale


*Get to attend Mottt's again


*Later down the road....I may even pick up some part time fun jobs when the opportunities present themselves. Like working at the vet, or at my mom's candy store....and even substitute teaching in both Goshen and Fairfield schools. I love being around high school kids, and don't want to miss those connections too.






....Just some things off the top of my head...there are so many more.






Bottom line: the pros are really starting to outweigh the cons. And we're excited:)



Wish us luck on our new journey!=)




6 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

So exciting! What lucky babies you have! :)

Jewel said...

Many blessings on your new journey! You will be blessed beyond anything being a Stay-At-Mommy! L)

Unknown said...

OH how exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!! I would love to get together with you to talk about life and our boys. Big hug!!!

Unknown said...

happy you will get to do this...the budget falls into place...God provides...your kids will love having you home!

Anonymous said...

It's been less than a year since our family made the same decision. I quit my job and was really nervous at first about how we'd afford everything and if I could even make it as a stay-at-home mom. It was definitely an adjustment, but I am SOO very glad I did it. I learned to cook, learned to garden, and got to spend a lot more time with my daughter. I think you'll enjoy this new journey!! Good luck!! :o)

Sarah Kate @
http://dixie-creek-farm.blogspot.com

Linz said...

THank you for all your support ladies!!