Saturday, July 25, 2009

*eLkHaRt Co. 4H fAiR 2oo9!*

Day 1: Saturday, July 18th
Pictures w/ the tractor! I always take one next to the Allis-chalmers for Gpa Wog:)
Isaac wasn't all thrilled about the fair this year:/ Can't wait til he starts liking it!
Got him to pet the donkey and its baby...pretty cool!
...and he LOVED the pop w/ the big straw! This is a once in a lifetime occurrence this kid gets pop! Fair is an exception:)
Getting ready to stay the night @ the camper! K-bub thinks he's big stuff here!
Day 2: Sunday, July 19th
Woke up and walked to the Pancake & Sausage tent for some breakfast
Walked around a bit then Brock took Isaac home for a nap, I stayed with Kahler and watched the parade
"Too noisy for you, Kahler?" !
Day 3: Monday July 20th
(aka: Brock & Lindsay's date night)
The boys stayed with their Amish sitter for the day...they had so much fun!
I came out to watch the Beef Show then met up with Matt & JaNae who came from Bluffton to watch ....
RODNEY ADKINS!
Great concert!! We had 12th row seats so it wasn't bad at all!
Brock had football camp then booked it over to make it for the concert...
Matt & JaNae
JaNae & me
After the concert we walked around and grabbed some junk food then headed home! It was a fun kid-free evening!
Day 4: Thursday, July 23rd
Tractor pull day! Brock & I went out for a little bit together, then I took him to FB camp, then I got to come back out and watch a lot more of the pulls and Round Robin. It was such a nice night out and it was fun to hang out with some old high school buds and catch up. I didn't stay as late as it lasted...so I missed the good tractors...oh well:(
Day 5: Friday, July 24th
Last outing with the boys!
Walked around, watched some of the Beef auction, then took the boys on pony rides! These were the only rides we attempted this year just because of cost and the fact that they won't remember any anyways! But the pony rides are good photo opps of course;)
Sad to say...but Isaac wasn't a fan of the ponies:( Huge bummer!
Kahler on the other hand, LOVED it! I was laughing so hard trying to keep him ON the pony cuz he was being such a ham trying to wave at everybody! So hilarious! "Hi daddy!" (see what I mean?!)
We ended the evening by taking our annual family pic in front of the ferris wheel....
...they were tuckered out! I'll be happy to take them to the fair when they start to enjoy it as much as their mommy does:)

3 comments:

Rob said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! And thanks for making me miss going to the fair even more... I think it's been 3 summers since I've been able to go. :-(

Tracy said...

Jason and I attempted 1 day with 1 kid! It rained twice while we were there. (Sunday) Tenille wasn't very impressed and I hope she has more fun next year! Good to see everyone had such a great time!

darcy said...

We didn't see you at all at the Fair this year! Bummer. =( LOVE all the pictures you got! And I totally dig your idea of taking a picture by the same place every year. Totally awesome.